The 2015-2016 HCPS calendar contains the potential for 191 student days — 11 more than the state minimum requirement of 180 days. If schools are closed 11 days or more due to emergency conditions, weather related or otherwise, it may be necessary to alter the school calendar.
The dates below are designated inclement weather make-up days and are listed in the order in which they will be used.
Monday, June 13 (for closing on January 25)
Tuesday, June 14 (for closing on January 26)
Wednesday, June 15 (for closing on January 27)
Thursday, June 16 (for closing on January 28)
Friday, June 17 (for closing on January 29)
Monday, March 21 (Professional Development - Schools closed for students.)
- Tuesday, March 22 (Professional Development - Schools closed for students.)
- Wednesday, March 23
- Monday, June 20
- Tuesday, June 21
- Wednesday, June 22
All system closings, delays and unscheduled early dismissals for the 2015-16 school year:
- Friday, January 22: Two-hour early dismissal
- Monday, January 25: CLOSED
- Tuesday, January 26: CLOSED
- Wednesday, January 27: CLOSED
- Thursday, January 28: CLOSED
- Friday, January 29: CLOSED
- Tuesday, February 9: CLOSED
*Waivers for days used cannot be requested until after inclement weather season, and must be granted by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE). They are not automatically granted, regardless of ‘State of Emergency’ status as declared by the Governor during an inclement weather event.