Welcome to more than one hundred years of excellence at Jarrettsville Elementary School (JVES)! Jarrettsville Elementary was constituted as the Jarrettsville Academy in 1902. It served as an elementary and high school through 1949. With the completion of North Harford High School in 1950, Jarrettsville became exclusively an elementary school.
Jarrettsville Elementary School has been recognized by the Maryland Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. Jarrettsville Elementary School has been commended for making significant progress on Maryland School Assessments in both reading and math. Our schedule provides common planning time for teaching teams. Our School Improvement Plan focuses on assuring that each student’s needs are met through differentiated instruction and intervention. Enrichment opportunities are provided by staff and parent volunteers. JVES continues to be recognized as one of “Baltimore’s Best Schools.”
Jarrettsville Elementary has a very active Parent Teacher Association (PTA) consisting of parents, educators, and community members who join together to support our vision of a community-based school where the students, staff, parents, and community work together in a collegial manner to foster an excitement for learning.