Welcome to Roye-Williams Elementary School. Our school takes great pride in our students, parents and staff. We strive to educate the whole child, and believe that children need a strong sense of self. We have programs in place to enhance the children’s self-worth, including “Calling all TOP HATS” and mentoring. This year, we are continuing to emphasize “Top Hat Behavior.” These are the behaviors that our school has identified as the core behaviors that children need to be successful in life. These behaviors are:
- Follows directions
- Makes good use of time
- Strives for accuracy
- Fulfills responsibility
- Observes school rules
- Respects rights and property of others
The mission of Roye-Williams Elementary School is to foster a passion for learning and strength of character by providing our school community with maximum opportunities for educational, social, physical, and emotional growth.
- Creating a positive environment where perseverance is developed and celebrated
- Equipping students with the skills and tools needed to succeed in college and their future careers
- Promoting inquiry in cross curricular learning
- Fostering empathy for others while recognizing and appreciating individual and cultural differences
- Developing and using responsible decision making geared toward healthy life choices
We take our job of educating our students seriously and we await the arrival of each new student and their family. It is our hope that each student and their family will become an active member of our learning community.